Dharma’s Kale Salad
After eating a cup of quinoa cooked in veggie broth (yum!) I decided to make Dharma’s Kale Salad from The Beauty Detox Solution. It’s really flavorful with nutritional yeast, dulse, lemon, cayenne pepper, and avocado!
A light lunch for a busy work day!
Today I almost didn’t wear foundation. That’s how dramatically my skin has cleared up within the past week. I’m hoping next week to go foundation free, and to have glowing skin from Kimberly Snyder’s “The Beauty Detox Solution” protocol!
(note: in order to view the recipe you must join her mailing list for free at: http://kimberlysnyder.net)
I love this bean-free zucchini hummus from her book. It’s light, full of nutrients, but also contains healthy fat from tahini to keep me satisfied all afternoon. I actually felt very refreshed, detoxified and glowing this morning, and so I decided I wasn’t hungry enough for my normal green smoothie. I sipped iced spearmint tea all morning and was super alert! Better than any cup of coffee or energy shot 🙂
Super quick vegan eggplant pizzas! Threw these in the oven when I got home late from the super market and was starving.
Preheat oven 425 degrees (or higher, my oven is weak).
1 large eggplant
1 cup healthy vegan tomato sauce (make it yourself or your favorite brand)
1 package baby bella mushrooms
1-2 Tbs nutritional yeast (to taste)
1. skin and slice eggplant into discs
2. place on sprayed or lightly greased cookie sheet, and top with sauce
3. Bake for 10-15 minutes until edges are brown
4. In the meantime, steam or microwave mushrooms for 4 minutes
5. When the eggplant discs are browned, take them out and top with mushrooms, then more sauce if desired. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast to your liking.
6. Bake for another 10 minutes until edges of mushrooms are brown. Serve and enjoy! I ate the WHOLE batch tonight! 🙂